Just like there are “dog people” and “cat people”, there are “tea people” and “coffee people”. I suppose I’m a bit unusual considering I’m a “rabbit person” and an “all hot beverages are good beverages” person. However, if I absolutely had to pick between tea and coffee, I’m afraid tea would win. Sorry coffee- you just aren’t as flavorally (not a word but roll with me) diverse as tea is. I don’t know, there’s just something about it that I just love so much.
There are hundreds of different kinds of tea, and almost too many ways to prepare it. Cream or no? Sugar or honey? Herbal or fruit? Loose-leaves or bagged? Weak or strong? Or are you are like me and love it strong and steep it for ten minutes longer than it instructs?
My favourite teas:
- English Breakfast (black tea)
- Chai (black tea + cinnamon + ginger + cloves)
- Peppermint (peppermint leaves)
- Earl Grey (black tea + bergamot)
- Chamomile (chamomile flowers + hibiscus flowers + rose petals + spearmint.)
Make your favourite, grab a blanket and a book, and enjoy.